Topics: 3
Kudos: 105
Solutions: 67

Re: Wrong spark history redirection for finished jons

Try setting the spark.yarn.historyServer.address manually as I mentioned previously.

It is a Spark configuration setting.

"Otherwise you will need to specify it manually in the Spark Client Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for spark-conf/spark-defaults.conf or History Server Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for spark-history-server.conf."
Expert Contributor

Tried both with no success

Under /etc/spark/conf.cloudera.spark_on_yarn/spark-defaults.conf at the 2 RM i added also tried to add it using CM and still not directing to the right history server.

spark.yarn.historyServer.address=http://avvr-ahc101.lpdomain.com:18088

When you added it through CM did it show up in the spark-default.conf?
Expert Contributor

No, In one RM it was but the other RM was not, i changed it manually in the spark default at the 2 RMs and kept if the spark client configuration through CM

Expert Contributor

i searched all the config files at the resource managers for spark and all of them directs the history spark server to the right one, where i can track the error of the redirection.

Expert Contributor

Any new insights?

Expert Contributor

Anyone who faced the same issue or have any insight how to solve this issue?

Cloudera Employee

This issue only can occur if spark-default.conf has the wrong config and getting overwritten from safety valve or it got changed manually from command line.

Maybe try deleting the role and add on a new host and do deploy client config and see what happens.

Expert Contributor

This issue only can occur if spark-default.conf has the wrong config and getting overwritten from safety valve or it got changed manually from command line.

which servers i should check it's spark-default.conf about the this config, i checked both of resource managers and the parameters is right, and the safetly valve is empty at cloudera manager.

Maybe try deleting the role and add on a new host and do deploy client config and see what happens.

deleting the spark role means that i need to delete the oozie and hive before and i think it's not the right solution for this case.

Announcements