Roy
Explorer

topology.py file missing from gateway/client

Hi,  

we recently deployed spark on YARN in CDH 5.2.0.

Wa re seeing some wornnings like 

WARN ScriptBasedMapping: Exception running
/etc/hadoop/conf.cloudera.yarn/topology.py 10.1.1.82
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
"/etc/hadoop/conf.cloudera.yarn/topology.py" (in directory
"/srv/sam/explore/lift"): error=2, No such file or directory

Then I realised /etc/hadoop/conf.cloudera.yarn/topology.py is missing from all gateway/client machine but all datanodes have that file.

to fix this issue I coppied this file from DataNodes to Gateway/Client, we are on Cloudera Express 5.0.0

how can I just deploy this file from Cloudera Manager ?

New Contributor

Re: topology.py file missing from gateway/client

Facing same issue., What was the solution ?

Cloudera Employee

In CM 5.0, the YARN Client configuration had a bug that did not propagate the topology.py file within the client configuration deployment or download, which was subsequently fixed in CM 5.1 onward.  For those still running CM 5.0 who are hitting this issue, we recommend to copy the topology.* from a known good location (DataNode for example) to the existing node.

In general, for any nodes that will be submitting Spark-On-YARN jobs, we recommend that these nodes contain Gateway roles for both Spark and Yarn, and that the Client configuration has been deployed (either by Deploy Client Configuration from the Cluster Actions drop-down, or by each individual component, ensuring that all compoents have their Client configurations deployed).

Highlighted
Contributor

Edge(Gateway) machine must have Yarn client + Spark client + Hdfs client  + Hive client role.

Announcements