When attempting to create an Altus cluster in AWS, it fails with INTERNAL_CM_CMD_FAIL
- CM Deployment is failing at the creation / deployment of CM services due to incorrect or unexpected DNS hostnames of the AWS EC2 instances created for Altus.
- Altus requires the options DNS hostnames and DNS resolution are enabled (set to yes) within the AWS VPC settings
- Set and confirm DNS hostnames and DNS resolution are set to yes in the AWS VPC used for Altus.
Details for configuring AWS VPCs with DNS is available here:
- Once the AWS VPC DNS settings of the Altus Environment are enabled, ensure to delete the previous cluster creation attempt's EC2 instances, both within Altus console, as well as through the AWS EC2 interface
- Retry creating a new Altus cluster with the updated settings