Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

El Capitan host, VMware Fusion 8, Windows 10 guest

New Contributor

Good day Community.

Let me preface message by stating my technological knowledge is at a lower level.

Having difficulty installing CDH 5.4. Have downloaded file, unzipped and have approx 38 files. Clicked on vmware.vmx file to configure but do not any sign of activity.

Can anyone in community assist me in layman's language and provide me steps, link or source where I might be able to successfully get CDH 5.4 loaded and operating.

I attempted to seek help from tech at VMware but they were baffled as well. Tech wanted to know what operating system vmx file was for.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking community in advance for knowledge.

Brent 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Thank you for response. Problem solved. As much as I am reticient to say it, went to an Apple "Genius" and a simple tweek fixed my download problem and I am now pleased to say I have been accessing Hadoop and learning its features.

Brent

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

Welcome to the community. While you wait for someone with a little more technical ability than I, allow me to post a few links to reading material which may help in the meantime. 

Community knowledge article: How to setup Cloudera Quickstart Virtual Machine 

A recently solved issue where a Clouderan gives some helpful tips: Unable to start Cloudera QuickStart VM with VM Player 

Best of luck. 🙂

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Thank you for response. Problem solved. As much as I am reticient to say it, went to an Apple "Genius" and a simple tweek fixed my download problem and I am now pleased to say I have been accessing Hadoop and learning its features.

Brent

Community Manager

Interesting. Can you share the tweak in case it helps others?

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.