Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

QuickStart VM and Impala connector

New Contributor

We are prototyping using a Quickstart VM for CDH 5.0. We are trying to establish a connection using the Impala ODBC V2.5.20.1021 connector for Windows 64 bit.

We are getting the following message:

"Failed to establish Connection
SQLSTATE:HY00[Cloudera][Impala OBDC](100)Error from Impala thrift API: connect() failed: errno = 10061

TESTS COMPLETED WITH ERROR."

We have been having trouble confirming the correct IP address or hostname of the Impala node.

Does anyone know the cause of this failed connection or the proper method to obtain the above hostname or IP address?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

>> Does anyone know the cause of this failed connection or the proper method to obtain the above hostname or IP address?

I would guess that the network translation between your host and VM is the cause of the failure to connect. Doing this correctly varies depending on which hypervisor you are using. Are you using VMWare, VirtualBox, or something else? If you imported the VirtualBox appliance, this port should be forwarded automatically from the host machine, so you can just use your host IP address unless something else was already listening on that port. If you are using VMWare, I would recommend you try configuring the VM to use a bridged interface, then reboot the VM and get the IP address for the eth0 interface in the VM by running 'ifconfig'.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Guru

>> Does anyone know the cause of this failed connection or the proper method to obtain the above hostname or IP address?

I would guess that the network translation between your host and VM is the cause of the failure to connect. Doing this correctly varies depending on which hypervisor you are using. Are you using VMWare, VirtualBox, or something else? If you imported the VirtualBox appliance, this port should be forwarded automatically from the host machine, so you can just use your host IP address unless something else was already listening on that port. If you are using VMWare, I would recommend you try configuring the VM to use a bridged interface, then reboot the VM and get the IP address for the eth0 interface in the VM by running 'ifconfig'.

New Contributor

Thanks.