Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Application rejected by queue placement policy

Explorer

Hello,

I am testing queue accees control using ACLs for Yarn, I have the configuration as below:

Hadoop 2.3.0-cdh5.1.0

CentOS release 6.4 (Final)

yarn.acl.enable    true
yarn.admin.acl    yarn

Dynamic Resource Pools:
    Root    submission: yarn    administration: anyone
    default    submission: anyone    administration: Everyone is allowed to administer this pool because of inherited settings from the parent pools.

[root@hostname ~]# mapred queue -info root
15/10/15 10:46:00 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at hostname:8032
======================
Queue Name : root
Queue State : running
Scheduling Info : Capacity: 0.0, MaximumCapacity: UNDEFINED, CurrentCapacity: 0.0
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root@hostname ~]# mapred queue -showacls root.default
15/10/15 10:46:06 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at hostname:8032
Queue acls for user :  root

Queue  Operations
=====================
root  ADMINISTER_QUEUE
root.default  ADMINISTER_QUEUE,SUBMIT_APPLICATIONS
root.queue2  ADMINISTER_QUEUE
root.queue1  ADMINISTER_QUEUE
root.queue4  ADMINISTER_QUEUE
root.queue3  ADMINISTER_QUEUE
[root@hostname ~]#

However when I run an application I am seeing the following warning and errors:
client log:
WARN security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:root (auth:SIMPLE) cause:java.io.IOException: Failed to run job : Application rejected by queue placement policy
ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Failed to run job : Application rejected by queue placement policy

resource manager log:
resourcemanager.RMAuditLogger: USER=root     OPERATION=Application Finished - Failed TARGET=RMAppManager     RESULT=FAILURE  DESCRIPTION=App failed with state: FAILED       PERMISSIONS=Application rejected by queue placement policy      APPID=application_1444902104666_0001
resourcemanager.RMAppManager$ApplicationSummary: appId=application_1444902104666_0001,name=QueryResult.jar,user=root,queue=default,state=FAILED,trackingUrl=N/A,appMasterHost=N/A,startTime=1444902491251,finishTime=1444902491281,finalStatus=FAILED

Can someone tell me pls why this is not working? from the config I understand root should be able to submit jobs to the default queue.

Thanks
Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

as indicated by the warning....this was down to queue placment policy not ACLs

reverted queue placment policy back to basic and now its bahving as expected

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Explorer

as indicated by the warning....this was down to queue placment policy not ACLs

reverted queue placment policy back to basic and now its bahving as expected