Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Change oozie-oozi folder location

New Contributor

I was trying to run a mapreduce job example in hue.

When I submitted a pig job through oozie, I see a folder was created on HDFS as "/user/<my_user_name>/oozie-oozi". And there is a "pig-pig" folder in it which includes an output folder and an action.xml file. This "oozie-oozi" folder seems like a task's attempts working directory, and only has contents when job is running and got cleaned up when job is done.

Can anyone please help me understand what this "oozie-oozi" folder is? And how can I configure to change the location of this folder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mentor
The oozie-oozi is the system-id of your Oozie server, and the contents of such a directory on HDFS carries job running data pertaining to your various actions under it.

This path is not configurable at the moment, however, as it roots itself on the user's home directory on the FS, which on HDFS translates to /user/<my_user_name>.

Is the presence of the directory causing a problem? The directory is cleaned up at the end typically.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mentor
The oozie-oozi is the system-id of your Oozie server, and the contents of such a directory on HDFS carries job running data pertaining to your various actions under it.

This path is not configurable at the moment, however, as it roots itself on the user's home directory on the FS, which on HDFS translates to /user/<my_user_name>.

Is the presence of the directory causing a problem? The directory is cleaned up at the end typically.

New Contributor

Thanks Harsh, the answer is really helpful. I can better understand this directory now.