Explorer

Completed YARN applications not visible in Cloudera Manager's YARN service page

Hi community:

This seems like a stupid question, and maybe I am not seeing an obvious config option - but for some reason, I cannot see any finished jobs of any type in the CM's YARN application view.

In the Cloudera Manager -> YARN -> Applications tab, only currently running YARN applications (or those pending or recently killed) are visible. Otherwise the listing is blank. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kudos: 246
Solutions: 226

Re: Completed YARN applications not visible in Cloudera Manager's YARN service page

This may be so cause of the time filter applied on top of your CM screen. Does widening it also not bring up any of the past completed jobs?
Backline Customer Operations Engineer
New Contributor

Re: Completed YARN applications not visible in Cloudera Manager's YARN service page

Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm having the same problem and widening the time filters has no effect.

Explorer

Unfortunately no this issue has not been resolved. Widening the time window
doesn't change anything.

Explorer

So, did you figure this one out?

Kudos: 246
Solutions: 226

Are you able to see the completed jobs (for MR2 for example) on the JHS UI? This typically serves on HTTP port 19888.

If even that UI does not show any completed MR jobs, then that may likely be the first thing you'll need to investigate and fix, as I believe the YARN Applications view pulls information out of the JHS API for completed jobs.
Backline Customer Operations Engineer
New Contributor

I just ran a job. As the job is running I can see the status while it's running the YARN service page, but when it's complete it no longer displays.  As you suggested I opened the Job history page on 19888.  I see the completed job listed in Job History.

Highlighted
New Contributor

cinRe: Completed YARN applications not visible in Cloudera Manager's YARN service page

I am facing the same problem. Can you please let us know the solution for this ?

Announcements