07-20-2018 09:04 AM
On one of the edge nodes, we noticed we have few thousand of hidden files names ".hive_hadoop_delegation_tokenxxxxxxxxxxxxx.tmp.crc". under "/tmp/hive" - local directory
1. Does these delegation_token files correspond to live jobs using to keep their authentication alive?
2. Are these created by YARN at the time of initial delegation token assignment to a user?
3. Is it safe to delete them or are they cleaned up once a job is completed?
07-29-2018 06:44 PM
07-30-2018 10:16 AM - edited 07-30-2018 10:25 AM
@Harsh J Thanks for your response.
2. Impersonation is turned off, do you know why we still have these files created? Maybe there are other scenarios where these get created?
3. If they are not cleaned on their own, I should have observed millions of them amouting to all files created so far, but i can list only a few, ~4k, can you please comment?
07-30-2018 07:46 PM