Cloudera Employee

Re: Killing the Distcp which running over snapshot listing all snapshottable path in the next run

I don't think 5.7 has that. 

I think the chance to interrupt a running distcp is rare. And even with that, you can still use distcp to safely copy except it might take a much longer time to finish than the snapshot way. If you can accept that, it is still a good option.

Explorer

Re: Killing the Distcp which running over snapshot listing all snapshottable path in the next run

Hello Yufei,

Do we have an ETA for the snapshot rollback availability? How do you think it will solve our issue?

Cloudera Employee

[ Edited ]

No earlier than cdh-5.9 as far as I know. If it is available, it can solve the issue. 

Explorer

Do you think using -atomic=true will solve the issue?

i'm still not sure what is the cause that it's lists all source files, but i'm thinking since the destination folder has been changed since some mappers finish and commit, i'm thinking if using the -atomic and keeping the temp folder out of the destination folder should solve the issue.

Explorer

Hi,

Do you think using -atomic and save the temp file outside the snaphotable directory can help in such case?

Hope the rollback snapshot feature will be available in 5.9.

Explorer

Hello,

CDH 5.9 finally doesn't support distcp snapshot rollback

Could you tell us which CDH version is going to support it ? 

Thank you

Vladi

Cloudera Employee

HDFS-9820 is in CDH-5.9.1 and later versions. 

Explorer

Thank you ! Great news
Cloudera Employee

Nope. It also gonna be in CDH-5.5.6, CDH-5.7.6 and CDH-5.8.4. 

Expert Contributor

Hi Yufei,

Is there a documentation how to implement snapshot restore in distcp?

Announcements