Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie shell action environment and .impalarc

Explorer

I have an Oozie shell action that calls impala-shell and has been working fine.  I wanted to set some defaults in ~/.impalarc which works fine from the shell but doesn't seem to get applied during workflow execution.  When I look at the environment variable values in the shell action log it says:

. . .

USER=etl-user:

. . .

HOME=/home/:

. . .

USER looks right but I expect HOME to be either /home/$USER or /home/etl-user.

Does this influence where impala-shell looks for .impalarc when running under an Oozie shell action?

I was hoping to get this done by distributing my .impalarc to ~etl-user on all of the cluster nodes and not chenge the workflow definition but no joy.

The objective is to change the default --impalad=host:port argument to point at the Impala high availabilty proxy that we have set up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Neil, You could scp the .impalarc to the /home directory on all nodemanager nodes and make sure this was readable by all. Thanks, Robert Justice

Robert Justice, Technical Resolution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

Neil, You could scp the .impalarc to the /home directory on all nodemanager nodes and make sure this was readable by all. Thanks, Robert Justice

Robert Justice, Technical Resolution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service