Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Restrict users for FairScheduler pool

Rising Star

Hi dear experts!

i following the instruction:

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/latest/topics/cm_mc_resource_pools.ht...

and trying to set some user restrictions for different resource pool.

for example i have two dynamic resource pool - production and test + default resourse pool.

i would like to allow apply jobs in production pool only for user1 and hdfs users. For test - user2. Other could apply jobs for default pool.

i think this instruction explain how to do this, but i'm not able to do this:

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

any advice is apreciate! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

You need to start from the top: root first and then down. If you allow anybody to submit and admin the root queue there is nothing to enforce on the sub queues.

As I explained in the linked post and as it shows in the explanantion in the screen shot.

Wilfred

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Collaborator

I can's see the screenshots that were added to the message but setting the ACL for the queue is described here follow the steps.

You must add the "yarn" user to the overall YARN Admin ACL. Remove the root queue admin and submit ACL's otherwise things will not work. See my post in one of the other threads on this forum.

The for the queue ACL you set the submit ACL for the production queue to: hdfs,user1

The test queue would get the submit ACL as: user2

For the default queue you can set the submit ACL to: "*"

Wilfred

Rising Star

i tried follow by exaclty the same instructions, but my ACL, doesn't works.

i seted it:

yarn.admin.acl = yarn,oracle,hdfs.

save, restart. go to the root.hdfs pool settings. go to the "submit acsess control" then. but it unavailable.

as showed at the picture. 

if you still now able to observe it, could you please advice how to share this imagies with you?

thanks!

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Super Collaborator

You need to start from the top: root first and then down. If you allow anybody to submit and admin the root queue there is nothing to enforce on the sub queues.

As I explained in the linked post and as it shows in the explanantion in the screen shot.

Wilfred

Rising Star
thanks a lot!