07-19-2017 06:47 AM
Hi all, after recently upgrading to CDH 5.11 I get tons of the following "Unexpected end-of-input" log entries related to "SPARK" (running on YARN) and classified as "ERRORS".
I'm experiencing malfunctionings (failed Oozie Jobs) and I believe they are related to these errors, so I'd really like to solve the causing issue and see if the situation gets any better.
In the logs, "source" is:
And "message" is:
Exception encountered when attempting to load application log hdfs://xxxxx.xxxxx.zz:8020/user/spark/applicationHistory/application_1494352758818_0117_1 com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Unexpected end-of-input: was expecting closing quote for a string value at [Source: java.io.StringReader@1fec7fc4; line: 1, column: 3655] at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParser._constructError(JsonParser.java:1369) at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.base.ParserMinimalBase._reportError(ParserMinimalBase.java:599) at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.base.ParserMinimalBase._reportInvalidEOF(ParserMinimalBase.java:532) at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.ReaderBasedJsonParser._finishString2(ReaderBasedJsonParser.java:1517) at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.ReaderBasedJsonParser._finishString(ReaderBasedJsonParser.java:1505) at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.ReaderBasedJsonParser.getText(ReaderBasedJsonParser.java:205) at org.json4s.jackson.JValueDeserializer.deserialize(JValueDeserializer.scala:20) at org.json4s.jackson.JValueDeserializer.deserialize(JValueDeserializer.scala:42) at org.json4s.jackson.JValueDeserializer.deserialize(JValueDeserializer.scala:35) at org.json4s.jackson.JValueDeserializer.deserialize(JValueDeserializer.scala:28) at org.json4s.jackson.JValueDeserializer.deserialize(JValueDeserializer.scala:42) at org.json4s.jackson.JValueDeserializer.deserialize(JValueDeserializer.scala:35) at org.json4s.jackson.JValueDeserializer.deserialize(JValueDeserializer.scala:42) at org.json4s.jackson.JValueDeserializer.deserialize(JValueDeserializer.scala:35) at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:2888) at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:2034) at org.json4s.jackson.JsonMethods$class.parse(JsonMethods.scala:19) at org.json4s.jackson.JsonMethods$.parse(JsonMethods.scala:44) at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ReplayListenerBus.replay(ReplayListenerBus.scala:58) at org.apache.spark.deploy.history.FsHistoryProvider.org$apache$spark$deploy$history$FsHistoryProvider$$replay(FsHistoryProvider.scala:583) at org.apache.spark.deploy.history.FsHistoryProvider$$anonfun$16.apply(FsHistoryProvider.scala:410) at org.apache.spark.deploy.history.FsHistoryProvider$$anonfun$16.apply(FsHistoryProvider.scala:407) at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$flatMap$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:251) at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$flatMap$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:251) at scala.collection.mutable.ResizableArray$class.foreach(ResizableArray.scala:59) at scala.collection.mutable.ArrayBuffer.foreach(ArrayBuffer.scala:47) at scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.flatMap(TraversableLike.scala:251) at scala.collection.AbstractTraversable.flatMap(Traversable.scala:105) at org.apache.spark.deploy.history.FsHistoryProvider.org$apache$spark$deploy$history$FsHistoryProvider$$mergeApplicationListing(FsHistoryProvider.scala:407) at org.apache.spark.deploy.history.FsHistoryProvider$$anonfun$checkForLogs$3$$anon$4.run(FsHistoryProvider.scala:309) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-19-2017 07:05 AM
Additional info. If I run spark CLI (where my spark procedures are working, btw, differently from when they are launched in Oozie), as soon as I try to define a Dataframe I receive the following warning that I've never seen before the upgrade:
In : utenti_DF = sqlContext.table("xxxx.yyyy") 17/07/19 15:48:58 WARN metastore.ObjectStore: Version information not found in metastore. hive.metastore.schema.verification is not enabled so recording the schema version 1.1.0 17/07/19 15:48:58 WARN metastore.ObjectStore: Failed to get database default, returning NoSuchObjectException
Anyway, as I repeat, from CLI things work. I just thought this could be relevant
07-19-2017 08:10 AM
07-19-2017 08:58 AM
Hi mbigelow, I've tried what ypu suggested (stop hive + running the action from the dropdown menu).
Process was successful, but the warning in spark CLI is still there...
07-21-2017 02:32 PM
07-22-2017 08:45 AM
Thanks mbigelow, following your suggestions I solved the massive error logging issue.
I've processed in a Json validator the specific log file referenced in the Java stack trace:
But the format was correct, according to the validator. So I just moved it away in a temporary directory. As soon as I did it, the error messages stopped clogging the system logs. So it was probably corrupted in a very subtle way... But it was definitely corrupted
That Json file has been indeed generated by the Spark Action that is giving me problems, but it was an OLD file. New instances of that Spark Action are generating new Json logs, but they are not giving any troubles to the History Server (stopped having tons of exceptions logged as I just said)
Unfortunately, the Spark job itself is still failing and it's needing further investigation on my side, so apparently this is not related to that specific error message.
But I've solved an annoying problem, and at the same time I have cleared out the possibility of the Spark Action issue being related to that java exception