Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

increase the retention for yarn applications logs

Master Collaborator

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to increase the yarn application logs retention in my cluster and set the following parameters:

yarn.log-aggregation-enable is set to true
spark.eventLog.enabled is set to true
yarn.log-aggregation.retain-seconds is set to 7 days

But, In the resouce manager i can see the logs for the applications only for 3 days and from the resource manager application in CM i can access the logs only from 1 day back.

Can you please help in these 2 issues?

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

i see that the permissions of /tmp/logs is 770 and when run the command yarn logs -applicationId with the application owner user, then yes i can see the logs using the Cli command but from the UI no one can see these logs,

The group for the dir is cloudera-scm, and i don't have LDAP entry for this group, how i chould let user accessing this from the resource manager UI?

Master Collaborator

I notice that yarn.resourcemanager.max-completed-applications is set to 10,000 which almost the running application for 2-3 days.

I want to increase the number to 40,000 to cover the retention of 7 days, what other changes i should take inot consideration? should i increase the jaba heap size for the resources manager? should i change any other configuration at the level od node manager? what i should monitor after increasing max completed applications to 40,000? how this make impact the resource manager recovery performance?

Thanks in advance.