Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

share oozie workflows

Champion Alumni

Hello,

I created a workflow with my user, how can I share it with the other users? 

Thank you!

GHERMAN Alina
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hey,

To share your workflows in Hue, do the following:

1.  Go to your home page in Hue by clicking on the little house icon in the upper left to the right of "HUE".

2.  Select the Project that contains the workflow, probably "default".

3.  Here you can share anything with others, workflows, queries etc.  Find what you want to share and click on the "Sharing" icon on the far right of the page, looks like a few people standing together. 

4.  Then enter the user/group you want to share with and the perms you want to give them.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Champion Alumni

I saw that wile importing a workflow we can share it, but can we share a workflow that was allready created? or while creating a new workflow?

GHERMAN Alina

Expert Contributor
Hi Alina, I have the same question, did you get to the bottom of this?

Thanks,
Martin

Champion Alumni

Hello,

No, I export it and import it after,  in order to be able to share it 🙂

Alina

GHERMAN Alina

Super Collaborator

Hey,

To share your workflows in Hue, do the following:

1.  Go to your home page in Hue by clicking on the little house icon in the upper left to the right of "HUE".

2.  Select the Project that contains the workflow, probably "default".

3.  Here you can share anything with others, workflows, queries etc.  Find what you want to share and click on the "Sharing" icon on the far right of the page, looks like a few people standing together. 

4.  Then enter the user/group you want to share with and the perms you want to give them.

Expert Contributor
Thanks, that works for me.

Explorer

Hi 

What i have seen is tht the share option only gives you read or read+modify permisson.

There is nothing as such execute? If i give read+modify other users will be ale to run the oozie workflow.

I have seen it does not happen.

As the permission on the underlying hdfs folder for the workflow is only for my user and it does not get modified.

drwxrwx--- - kuaksha hue 0 2020-10-28 10:42 /user/hue/oozie/workspaces/hue-oozie-1520605312.96

Please elaborate and help.

Regards

Akshay