Contributor

Big thanks to CDH team

Dear Cloudera CDH folks,

First of,  a big thank you. I have been a cloudera CDH user (starving developer version) since 2011 and since around that time, I have been actively pursuing the research of adverse events (side effects) of medicines. All my hadoop, hive and impala and lucene jobs were written and run on my home 3 node CDH cluster (refurbished repurposed hardware with 8 cores and 32GB RAM per node).

I released the iPhone App in 2015 called MedicalSideFx. Free to download. Lifetime free updates of data.

And now I am happy to announce the release of the digital first edition of my book MedicalSideFx - A Technical Guide to Adverse Events Analytics using Apache Hive.

https://github.com/sanjaysubramanian/msfx_book/blob/master/msfx_tech_book_20180506.pdf

Neither the App nor the Book are financially motivated, rather it is a first step towards hopefully collaborative work happening among like minded folks to push this ahead and throw more light on complex drug interactions.   

I want to take the opportunity to say a big thank you the Cloudera team since its on your platform I did hundreds of hours of research !

Thanks

Warmly

sanjay

Highlighted
Cloudera Employee

Re: Big thanks to CDH team

Great to hear that our platform helps on your research, Sanjay.

Keep up you great work on your App and Book!
Announcements