Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Could not connect to quickstart.cloudera:10000 (code THRIFTTRANSPORT): TTransportException('Could no

Explorer

Hello everybody

I got some problem with Hive.

I downloaded the Cloudera QuickStart VM and have been using it for some time. Now I get a message at "checking current configuration" step in Hue:

Hive The application won't work without a running HiveServer2. 

In command line I get:

>service hive-server2 status

Hive Server2 is running [ OK ]

But when I try to use Hive I get an error:

Could not connect to quickstart.cloudera:10000 (code THRIFTTRANSPORT): TTransportException('Could not connect to quickstart.cloudera:10000',)

How to fix this?

sudo netstat -tulp | grep :10000 gives me nothing. Also I restarted both hive-server2 and my virtual machine, but it didn't help.

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru
Can you please run the following command:

beeline -u 'jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000/default' -n hive

will this also fail?

What does CM tell you the HiveServer2 status? Is it green? Any log messages generated under /var/log/hive directory?

New Contributor

Hello - I ran the below command and got this error (I am trying to run the Cloudera Quick Start Tutorial 1):

[cloudera@quickstart ~]$ beeline -u 'jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000/default' -n hive
scan complete in 3ms
Connecting to jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000/default
Could not open connection to the HS2 server. Please check the server URI and if the URI is correct, then ask the administrator to check the server status.
Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000/default: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (state=08S01,code=0)
Beeline version 1.1.0-cdh5.12.0 by Apache Hive
beeline>

Can someone advise what is wrong?

Super Guru
It looks like that HS2 did not start correctly. Have you checked HS2 log to see what might be going on? Please also check if HMS is up and running. If HMS failed to start, HS2 will not able to either.

New Contributor

Where do I go to check the HS2 log?

Where do I go to check if HMS is up and running?