Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error while running query on HIVE;

Explorer

HI All,

I am unable to run the simple query on HIVE i.e. describe tablename; and getting the below error. Also when I tried to check it on hue it also give me the same error. Even Ive tried to do the same with admin user and it gives me the same error. can anybody help me here.

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. cannot find field lbs_retail_celleliste_jakntest from [0:id, 1:timestamp, 2:lid, 3:kundenr, 4:kundenavn, 5:gadenavn, 6:husnr, 7:postnr, 8:postdistrikt, 9:kisnr, 10:kismoder, 11:kismoder_navn, 12:sys34_x, 13:sys34_y, 14:celle_01_y, 15:celle_02, 16:celle_03, 17:celle_04, 18:celle_05, 19:celle_06, 20:celle_07, 21:celle_08, 22:celle_09, 23:celle_10, 24:utm_e, 25:utm_n]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi,

Apologies for the late response. I've tried the above solution but they didt worked for me. 

An after number of times I have found the resolution.

As database has a table with same name, due to that the problem is occuring.

For example:
We have a database test and in the same database we have a table test so Ive rename the table to test_2. 

We have successfully recreated this problem and also resolved the same on in test cluster.

So thanks for the help and response. 

BR

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

New Contributor

Can you please check database name, which are being used while creating table. As you are not using any database name in the query, might be its pointing to some other database on which you might not have access.

Contributor

Please check DB name and make sure Table is not existed already 

Explorer

Hi All,

Facing below error while running the hive command.

MSCK REPAIR TABLE flexdto_standin_avro;

• Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Your inputs is much appreciated.

Thanks

Yasmin

Champion

Pls try this and see any luck

ANALYZE TABLE Table_Name COMPUTE STATISTICS;

Explorer

Hi,

Nops, no luck...

BR,

Salman