New Contributor

Re: Hive action fails

Hello, Was there any resolution to this issue? We are seeing the same thing... 

java.sql.SQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Error in acquiring locks: Locks on the underlying objects cannot be acquired. retry after some time

at org.apache.hive.jdbc.Utils.verifySuccess(Utils.java:157)

at org.apache.hive.jdbc.Utils.verifySuccessWithInfo(Utils.java:145)

at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:165)

We are running CDH-4.5.0-1.cdh4.5.0.p0.30 with HiveServer2. Restarting Hive (including Gateway, HiveServer2, Hive Metastore Server and WebHCat) via CM fixes the issue but I would like to understand if we have a misconfiguration somewhere.

We run a Talend job that pulls in data from MSSQL (LOAD DATA INFILE <temp files>) it then pulls the data from those tables into other main tables. This is a 6 node cluster (5 data nodes, 1 main node that runs job tracker, name node, etc.). 

Thanks.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Found this https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!topic/cdh-user/_xSBdmwXSjI after finding the exception below in the HiveServer2 logs. 

ZooKeeperHiveLockManager: Failed to release ZooKeeper lock:

org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /hive_zookeeper_namespace_hive1/default/LOCK-SHARED-0000000019
at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:111)
at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.delete(ZooKeeper.java:873)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.zookeeper.ZooKeeperHiveLockManager.unlockPrimitive(ZooKeeperHiveLockManager.java:435)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.zookeeper.ZooKeeperHiveLockManager.unlockWithRetry(ZooKeeperHiveLockManager.java:418)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.zookeeper.ZooKeeperHiveLockManager.unlock(ZooKeeperHiveLockManager.java:404)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.zookeeper.ZooKeeperHiveLockManager.releaseLocks(ZooKeeperHiveLockManager.java:251)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.releaseLocks(Driver.java:894)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:990)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation.run(SQLOperation.java:131)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionImpl.executeStatement(HiveSessionImpl.java:209)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.CLIService.executeStatement(CLIService.java:154)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService.ExecuteStatement(ThriftCLIService.java:208)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$ExecuteStatement.getResult(TCLIService.java:1373)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$ExecuteStatement.getResult(TCLIService.java:1358)
at org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:39)
at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:39)
at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TSetIpAddressProcessor.process(TSetIpAddressProcessor.java:38)
at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:244)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Explorer

I encountered the same HiveServer2 error as well and my scenario is exactly as described in the link to that post. I'm using CDH4.4 and issue five INSERT-SELECT on different partitions of the same table. I couldn't find a bug for this or any solution, other than that 4.6 supposedly fixes the issue. Anybody manage to find a workaround?

New Contributor

Upgraded to 4.6 yesterday... Will keep you posted as to if the problem shows up again
Announcements