Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

No known driver to handle "jdbc:hive://localhost:10000/"

New Contributor

Hello ,

I am using CDH 5.12 on RHEL 6.7

I've tried to using beeline connect jdbc:hive(hiveserver1) ,but beeline has problems follow the message below.

beeline> !connect jdbc:hive://localhost:10000/
scan complete in 2ms
17/08/17 06:15:27 [main]: ERROR beeline.ClassNameCompleter: Fail to parse the class name from the Jar file due to the exception:java.io.FileNotFoundException: minlog-1.2.jar (No such file or directory)
17/08/17 06:15:27 [main]: ERROR beeline.ClassNameCompleter: Fail to parse the class name from the Jar file due to the exception:java.io.FileNotFoundException: objenesis-1.2.jar (No such file or directory)
17/08/17 06:15:27 [main]: ERROR beeline.ClassNameCompleter: Fail to parse the class name from the Jar file due to the exception:java.io.FileNotFoundException: reflectasm-1.07-shaded.jar (No such file or directory)
17/08/17 06:15:27 [main]: ERROR beeline.ClassNameCompleter: Fail to parse the class name from the Jar file due to the exception:java.io.FileNotFoundException: minlog-1.2.jar (No such file or directory)
17/08/17 06:15:27 [main]: ERROR beeline.ClassNameCompleter: Fail to parse the class name from the Jar file due to the exception:java.io.FileNotFoundException: objenesis-1.2.jar (No such file or directory)
17/08/17 06:15:27 [main]: ERROR beeline.ClassNameCompleter: Fail to parse the class name from the Jar file due to the exception:java.io.FileNotFoundException: reflectasm-1.07-shaded.jar (No such file or directory)
scan complete in 1318ms
No known driver to handle "jdbc:hive://localhost:10000/"

Please tell me, How to solve problem.

Kind Regards

N

2 REPLIES 2

Champion

if you have configured mysql , oracle database for hive metastore then check if you had placed the appropriate jdbc jar file inside 

/usr/lib/hive/lib

if you didnt see any jdbc jar file please make sure you have that inside the above location 

also make sure you have the class entry in the hive-site.xml in the below property 

javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriver 

let me know if that helps

Contributor

Hi,

You are using wrong connection string.

Use: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000/

Thanks,

Bhavesh