Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Wrong file format

Explorer

I am working in Cloudera and have just started to learn it. So I have been trying to implement a famous twitter example with flume. With efforts, I have been able to stream the data from Twitter and now it is being saved in a file. After I have got the data now I want to perform analysis on Twitter data. But the issue is I cannot get the twitter data in the table. I have successfully created the "tweets" table but cannot load the data in the table. Below I have given Twitter.conf file, external table creation query, data load query, error message and some chunk of the data I have got. Kindly guide me where I am doing wrong. Please note I have been writing the queries in HIVE editor.

Twitter.conf file

# Naming the components on the current agent. 
TwitterAgent.sources = Twitter 
TwitterAgent.channels = MemChannel 
TwitterAgent.sinks = HDFS

# Describing/Configuring the source 
TwitterAgent.sources.Twitter.type = org.apache.flume.source.twitter.TwitterSource
TwitterAgent.sources.Twitter.consumerKey = 95y0IPClnNPUTJ1AHSfvBLWes
TwitterAgent.sources.Twitter.consumerSecret = UmlNcFwiBIQIvuHF9J3M3xUv6UmJlQI3RZWT8ybF2KaKcDcAw5
TwitterAgent.sources.Twitter.accessToken = 994845066882699264-Yk0DNFQ4VJec9AaCQ7QTBlHldK5BSK1 
TwitterAgent.sources.Twitter.accessTokenSecret =  q1Am5G3QW4Ic7VBx6qJg0Iv7QXfk0rlDSrJi1qDjmY3mW
TwitterAgent.sources.Twitter.keywords = hadoop, big data, analytics, bigdata, cloudera, data science, data scientiest, business intelligence, mapreduce, data warehouse, data warehousing, mahout, hbase, nosql, newsql, businessintelligence, cloudcomputing

# Describing/Configuring the channel 
TwitterAgent.channels.MemChannel.type = memory 
TwitterAgent.channels.MemChannel.capacity = 10000 
TwitterAgent.channels.MemChannel.transactionCapacity = 100

# Binding the source and sink to the channel 
TwitterAgent.sources.Twitter.channels = MemChannel
TwitterAgent.sinks.HDFS.channel = MemChannel 

# Describing/Configuring the sink 

TwitterAgent.sinks.HDFS.type = hdfs 
TwitterAgent.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.path = /user/cloudera/latestdata/
TwitterAgent.sinks.flumeHDFS.hdfs.fileType = DataStream 
TwitterAgent.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.writeFormat = Text 
TwitterAgent.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.batchSize = 1000
TwitterAgent.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.rollSize = 0 
TwitterAgent.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.rollCount = 10000 

External table query and load data in table query

CREATE External  TABLE tweets (

id BIGINT,
   created_at STRING,
   source STRING,
   favorited BOOLEAN,
   retweet_count INT,
   retweeted_status STRUCT<
     text:STRING,
     user:STRUCT<screen_name:STRING,name:STRING>>,
   entities STRUCT<
     urls:ARRAY<STRUCT<expanded_url:STRING>>,
     user_mentions:ARRAY<STRUCT<screen_name:STRING,name:STRING>>,
     hashtags:ARRAY<STRUCT<text:STRING>>>,
   text STRING,
   user STRUCT<
     screen_name:STRING,
     name:STRING,
     friends_count:INT,
     followers_count:INT,
     statuses_count:INT,
     verified:BOOLEAN,
     utc_offset:INT,
     time_zone:STRING>,
   in_reply_to_screen_name STRING
 ) 
 PARTITIONED BY (datehour INT)
 ROW FORMAT SERDE 'org.apache.hive.hcatalog.data.JsonSerDe'
 LOCATION '/user/cloudera/tweets';

LOAD DATA INPATH '/user/cloudera/latestdata/FlumeData.1540555155464'
INTO TABLE `default.tweets`
PARTITION (datehour='2013022516')

Error When I try to load data into the table

Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 20013 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask. Wrong file format. Please check the file's format.

twitter data file I got

SEQ!org.apache.hadoop.io.LongWritableorg.apache.hadoop.io.Text� �����R�LX� }H�f�>(�H�Objavro.schema� {"type":"record","name":"Doc","doc":"adoc","fields":[{"name":"id","type":"string"},{"name":"user_friends_count","type":["int","null"]},{"name":"user_location","type":["string","null"]},{"name":"user_description","type":["string","null"]},{"name":"user_statuses_count","type":["int","null"]},{"name":"user_followers_count","type":["int","null"]},{"name":"user_name","type":["string","null"]},{"name":"user_screen_name","type":["string","null"]},{"name":"created_at","type":["string","null"]},{"name":"text","type":["string","null"]},{"name":"retweet_count","type":["long","null"]},{"name":"retweeted","type":["boolean","null"]},{"name":"in_reply_to_user_id","type":["long","null"]},{"name":"source","type":["string","null"]},{"name":"in_reply_to_status_id","type":["long","null"]},{"name":"media_url_https","type":["string","null"]},{"name":"expanded_url","type":["string","null"]}]}�yږ���w����M߀J��&1055790978844540929����gracie :kitchen_knife:owehimnothng(2018-10-26T04:59:19Z�GIRLS WE THROWING IT BACK FOR JOAN OF

It has been 1 week and not able to figure out what is the solution. Please let me know if more information is needed I will provide it here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Hi,

Flume's HDFSEventSink writes to a SequenceFile by default. The name of your HDFS sink is wrong in your Flume configuration. Please change it to this: 

TwitterAgent.sinks.HDFS.hdfs.fileType = DataStream 

Here is the documentation:

https://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#hdfs-sink

Best regards,

Gabor

Explorer
Gabor now the data is loaded into the table but when I execute a query it gives this error
Bad status for request TFetchResultsReq(fetchType=0, operationHandle=TOperationHandle(hasResultSet=True, modifiedRowCount=None, operationType=0, operationId=THandleIdentifier(secret='t\r\x08\xefM\xb1E\x08\x99\x88\x86\x8e]\xee\xcd\x01', guid='\xd6\xe0\xa7\x041\x10JE\x97\x1b63\x18\xdf\\\xd0')), orientation=4, maxRows=100): TFetchResultsResp(status=TStatus(errorCode=0, errorMessage="java.io.IOException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.SerDeException: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('O' (code 79)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')\n at [Source: java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@3e1ad184; line: 1, column: 2]", sqlState=None, infoMessages=["*org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException:java.io.IOException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.SerDeException: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('O' (code 79)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')\n at [Source: java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@3e1ad184; line: 1, column: 2]:25:24", 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation:getNextRowSet:SQLOperation.java:463', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.OperationManager:getOperationNextRowSet:OperationManager.java:294', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionImpl:fetchResults:HiveSessionImpl.java:769', 'sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor28:invoke::-1', 'sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl:invoke:DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43', 'java.lang.reflect.Method:invoke:Method.java:606', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:invoke:HiveSessionProxy.java:78', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:access$000:HiveSessionProxy.java:36', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy$1:run:HiveSessionProxy.java:63', 'java.security.AccessController:doPrivileged:AccessController.java:-2', 'javax.security.auth.Subject:doAs:Subject.java:415', 'org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation:doAs:UserGroupInformation.java:1917', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:invoke:HiveSessionProxy.java:59', 'com.sun.proxy.$Proxy26:fetchResults::-1', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.CLIService:fetchResults:CLIService.java:462', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService:FetchResults:ThriftCLIService.java:694', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$FetchResults:getResult:TCLIService.java:1553', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$FetchResults:getResult:TCLIService.java:1538', 'org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction:process:ProcessFunction.java:39', 'org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor:process:TBaseProcessor.java:39', 'org.apache.hive.service.auth.TSetIpAddressProcessor:process:TSetIpAddressProcessor.java:56', 'org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess:run:TThreadPoolServer.java:286', 'java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor:runWorker:ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145', 'java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker:run:ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615', 'java.lang.Thread:run:Thread.java:745', "*java.io.IOException:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.SerDeException: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('O' (code 79)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')\n at [Source: java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@3e1ad184; line: 1, column: 2]:29:4", 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FetchOperator:getNextRow:FetchOperator.java:508', 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FetchOperator:pushRow:FetchOperator.java:415', 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FetchTask:fetch:FetchTask.java:140', 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver:getResults:Driver.java:2069', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.SQLOperation:getNextRowSet:SQLOperation.java:458', "*org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.SerDeException:org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('O' (code 79)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')\n at [Source: java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@3e1ad184; line: 1, column: 2]:30:1", 'org.apache.hive.hcatalog.data.JsonSerDe:deserialize:JsonSerDe.java:174', 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FetchOperator:getNextRow:FetchOperator.java:489', "*org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException:Unexpected character ('O' (code 79)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')\n at [Source: java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@3e1ad184; line: 1, column: 2]:36:6", 'org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParser:_constructError:JsonParser.java:1291', 'org.codehaus.jackson.impl.JsonParserMinimalBase:_reportError:JsonParserMinimalBase.java:385', 'org.codehaus.jackson.impl.JsonParserMinimalBase:_reportUnexpectedChar:JsonParserMinimalBase.java:306', 'org.codehaus.jackson.impl.Utf8StreamParser:_handleUnexpectedValue:Utf8StreamParser.java:1582', 'org.codehaus.jackson.impl.Utf8StreamParser:_nextTokenNotInObject:Utf8StreamParser.java:437', 'org.codehaus.jackson.impl.Utf8StreamParser:nextToken:Utf8StreamParser.java:323', 'org.apache.hive.hcatalog.data.JsonSerDe:deserialize:JsonSerDe.java:163'], statusCode=3), results=None, hasMoreRows=None)

Explorer
@Croczei can you help me what is this error, please?

Expert Contributor

Hi zain52,

Please review this example:

https://github.com/cloudera/cdh-twitter-example