Explorer

Impala_kudu setup

I am trying to install impala_kude parcel, as recomended in cloudera (http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/betas/kudu/latest/topics/kudu_impala.html#install_impala).
My present environement has imapala running, based on the documentation I need to install the impala_kudu using the deply.py script as mentioned in the documentation. My problem is I have a firewall and I cannot install pip with this command

sudo pip install cm-api

getthing this o/p:  ~ $ sudo pip install cm-api
sudo: pip: command not found

I also used the yum command to install but I cant. 

Can someple please guide me how I can install impala_kudu on exiisting impala runnning cluster with above issues.

Cloudera Employee

Re: Impala_kudu setup

Hi Azim,

It looks to me like your first issue is that your system is just lacking pip.

Can you confirm that you have pip, and if not, try installing it like this. Here some instructions on how to do so:

For CentOS:

https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/how-to-install-pip-on-centos-7/

For Ubuntu:

http://www.saltycrane.com/blog/2010/02/how-install-pip-ubuntu/

Explorer

No i do not have pip installed and thats what i am trying to work on. I have a firewall, and my security does not want to open a firewall. My next work around is to download the packages on local and move them to the node where I am trying to install impala_kud, and install them. I was able to install the epel package 
/apps/pip $ sudo rpm -ivh epel-release-7-8.noarch.rpm
warning: epel-release-7-8.noarch.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
1:epel-release ########################################### [100%]

but when I try to install the pip package i am getting the bellow error 
python get-pip.py
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/setuptools/command/install_scripts.py:3: UserWarning: Module backports was already imported from /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/backports/__init__.pyc, but /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages is being added to sys.path
from pkg_resources import Distribution, PathMetadata, ensure_directory
DEPRECATION: Python 2.6 is no longer supported by the Python core team, please upgrade your Python. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.6
Collecting pip
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x25f5550>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable',)': /simple/pip/
Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x25f56d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable',)': /simple/pip/
Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x25f5850>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable',)': /simple/pip/
Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x25f59d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable',)': /simple/pip/
Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x25f5b50>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable',)': /simple/pip/
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pip (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for pip

Cloudera Employee

Hi Azim,

I just wanted to confirm some things here, because your last post seemd to leave some steps out. Please forgive me if these seem like simplistic questions.

After installing EPEL, it looks your firewall settings did in fact let you run curl to download the get-pip.py file, is that correct? However, it looks as though your system has an older version of python installed (2.6), and I think using get-pip.py expects a later version of python.

Did you try using yum instead of downloading and running get-pip.py?

yum -y update
yum -y install python-pip
Explorer

I was not able to curl, i got connection refused error. So what i did was from the curl url I downloaded the get-pip.py and tried to install and got the 

DEPRECATION: Python 2.6 is no longer supported by the Python core team, please upgrade your Python. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.6

Collecting pip
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x3b1f550>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable',)': /simple/pip/
Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x3b1f6d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable',)': /simple/pip/
Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x3b1f850>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable',)': /simple/pip/
Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x3b1f9d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable',)': /simple/pip/

yum update and install command give me this:

sudo yum -y update

Loaded plugins: product-id, security, subscription-manager
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.
Setting up Update Process
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: epel. Please verify its path and try again

Cloudera Employee

[ Edited ]

Hi Azim,

Thanks for the clarification. Here's the next thing I would try. This avoids the requirement of having pip.

1. Go to https://github.com/cloudera/cm_api and click on the green "Clone or download" button to download the cm_api code
  2. Once you have the cm_api-master directory (you may have to unzip it), run the following command
sudo python cm_api-master/python/setup.py install

This should install cm-api without pip.

Explorer

Here is the error I get after following the steps....

sudo python cm_api-master/python/setup.py install
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cm_api-master/python/setup.py", line 42, in <module>
packages = find_packages('src', exclude=['cm_api_tests']),
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/setuptools/__init__.py", line 46, in find_packages
for name in os.listdir(where):
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'src'

Explorer

Can anyone help out here 

Cloudera Employee

[ Edited ]

My mistake. You need to cd to the correct directory.

cd cm_api-master/python/
sudo python setup.py install
Explorer

That seems to installed, but when I check the version using the command pip -V I am getting the old message pip  

creating 'dist/cm_api-12.0.0-py2.6.egg' and adding 'build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg' to it
removing 'build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg' (and everything under it)
Processing cm_api-12.0.0-py2.6.egg
creating /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cm_api-12.0.0-py2.6.egg
Extracting cm_api-12.0.0-py2.6.egg to /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages
Adding cm-api 12.0.0 to easy-install.pth file
Installing cmps script to /usr/bin

Installed /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cm_api-12.0.0-py2.6.egg
Processing dependencies for cm-api==12.0.0
Searching for argparse==1.2.1
Best match: argparse 1.2.1
Adding argparse 1.2.1 to easy-install.pth file

Using /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages
Finished processing dependencies for cm-api==12.0.0