Highlighted
Explorer
Accepted Solution

Start Kudu services failed

I built Kudu from source on Ubuntu Trusty. When I try to start Kudu services using 'sudo service kudu-master start ' , it shows me ' kudu-master : unrecognized service'. And I have to first remove the existing data and wal directories and rerun 'nohup kudu-master --fs_wal_dir /usr/local/bob/master_wal_dir --fs_data_dirs /usr/local/bob/master_data_dir --log_dir /usr/local/bob/log/ --webserver_doc_root /data/home/bob/kudu/www &' to start service every time the process is killed , which is inconvenient and will lose my data. Any suggestion?
Cloudera Employee J-D
Cloudera Employee

Re: Start Kudu services failed

Hi Bob,

Just building Kudu from source won't install it as a service on your system, all you get is binaries.

Why do you say "I have to first remove the existing data and wal directories"? It's definitely not something that Kudu requires.

Thx,

J-D

Explorer

Re: Start Kudu services failed

Thanks J-D,

Sometimes if I rerun the command without removing directories, it will remind me the directories already exist(Roughly the meaning,the log has been removed). But I tried several times just now , no errors occurred.I am confused now. 

Regards,

Bob

Announcements