Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Extracting error cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.2.0-0-virtualbox.Help. says virtualbox-disk1.vmdk error

Extracting  cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.2.0-0-virtualbox/cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.2.0-0-virtualbox-disk1.vmdk     Data Error. Kindly help...soon....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Realize that analysis of what is happening, started this morning. Given its monday AM, it will take a little bit to isolate what is going on.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

I downloaded the same to windows and then transfrerred to ubuntu!...But then I did this twice...to successfully download I had used the DAP software ...which I use generally to download even higher size erp files from Oracle edelivery etc...so DAP should be fine , unless you tell me something..

Thanks.

Master Collaborator

Ok thanks, I'll report that to the engineering jira.  I'll continue with this tomorrow.  Something happens when downloading to the windows desktop.

I'll have a ubuntu desktop online to sanity check, but it seems that anyone donwloading to mac OS desktops are fine (one of my peers in APAC tested to mac OS and it worked for him like my earlier test).

Good. Frustrating though. I cannot ask you to stage another link etc. as we do not yet know what the problem is. And I haven't worked in Mac..(never till now)...Quick Start VM is only for initial tinkering as I am new to this space. Meanwhile...let me look at cloudera live...

Thanks again...will wait for resolution.

Hi Team...any luck with the resolution...can you stage another link ?...Thanks in advance.

Master Collaborator

Realize that analysis of what is happening, started this morning. Given its monday AM, it will take a little bit to isolate what is going on.

Absolutely...sure no issues. We are in an early stage of a prospect who is looking at a POC ...but we will wait no an issue.