Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

FAILED: SemanticException The current builtin authorization in Hive is incomplete and disabled.

Expert Contributor

i have installed Sentry, and tried to combine HIVE and sentry to work together. then i followed the documentation to setup sentry service configuration, and setup LDAP group mapping. from the namenode log and LDAP log i can sure the GROUP mapping is normal. 

but when i issued create role role_name in HIVE, the it appears the error like "FAILED: SemanticException The current builtin authorization in Hive is incomplete and disabled."

anybody has suffered this kind errors?  can you give some advises. thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

i have got to resolve this problems. thanks everybody.

this is becase CREATE ROLE just can be done by beeline, not HIVE.  after grant privileges with beeline, it's ok now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Expert Contributor

this is becase CREATE ROLE just can be done by beeline, not HIVE.  after grant privileges with beeline, it's ok now.

Expert Contributor

I am getting an error like this in beeline:-

Error: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.SentryGrantRevokeTask. Access denied to admin. Server Stacktrace: org.apache.sentry.provider.db.SentryAccessDeniedException: Access denied to admin

any idea?

@iamfromsky wrote:

Can you tell us exactly how to do it step by step ? 

Thanks alot !

Explorer

if you fixed the issue, please tell me how do create roles for hive database and grant permissions.

Explorer

how could we use beeline to create role?