Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to install Hcatalog/WebHcat in CDH4.3

Explorer

I installed CDH enterprise version  CDH-4.3.0-1.cdh4.3.0.p0.22 through cloudera manager 4.6, now I don't know how to install HCatalog/WebHcat on it.

From cloudera manager UI there is no new Parcels for HCatalog.

Then I tried to install it from command line: yum install webhcat-server, but I noticed the yum doesn't recognized the current installed CDH version on my cluster, it will install a full distribution of version 0.5.0+9-1.cdh4.3.0.p0.12.el6. I suspect this is a problem of compatible of Parcels and yum, appreciate somebody can point me how to make Hcatalog available.

Thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

While it's possible to install hcatalog and related packages via yum and using the rest of the CDH stack from the parcel, I would recommend not mixing and matching packages and parcels. Hcatalog is doesn't come as a separate parcel, it's present in the CDH parcel.

As far as WebHcat goes, it's a "role" of the Hive service. So, you should be able to go to Hive service and add the WebHcat role. Please let me know if you aren't able to find it (or if it's hard to find). Feedback welcome!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Expert Contributor

Cloudera Manager CM 4.6 does support WebHCat.

http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/06/cloudera-manager-46-free-features/

Explorer

Yes, I have read this blog. Do you know how to enable Webhcat in CM 4.6? Any documantions?

Expert Contributor

Explorer

Thanks all, I have turn on the webhcat. However I encounter another error when running hive query through webhcat, I post another message in Hive category.

http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Batch-SQL-Apache-Hive/problem-running-hive-query-through-webhcat/m-...

Expert Contributor

While it's possible to install hcatalog and related packages via yum and using the rest of the CDH stack from the parcel, I would recommend not mixing and matching packages and parcels. Hcatalog is doesn't come as a separate parcel, it's present in the CDH parcel.

As far as WebHcat goes, it's a "role" of the Hive service. So, you should be able to go to Hive service and add the WebHcat role. Please let me know if you aren't able to find it (or if it's hard to find). Feedback welcome!