New Contributor

Options for migrating data and scripts from Hortonworks To Cloudera

1) What are the options/tools available for Data migration from Hortonworks To Cloudera Platform?

2) What are the tools/options available for copying the scripts (Hive, Pig etc) from Hortonworks To Cloudera Platform?

3) What are the tools/options available for copying important properties (Yarn, HDFS, Hive etc) from Hortonworks To Cloudera Platform?

4) What are the tools/options available for copying Rules/Policies (like Ranger) from Hortonworks To Cloudera?

Thanks in advance

Topics: 3
Kudos: 93
Solutions: 61

Re: Options for migrating data and scripts from Hortonworks To Cloudera

The data piece is easy, use Distcp. There may be some discrepancies with it, but it should work.

The rest are not so straightforward. I don't have any that come to mind that aren't just build. I know that Ambari and CM both have APIs so configs can be pulled and imported but they probably don't play nice with each other.
Kudos: 62
Solutions: 32

I would like to clarify your goal here so I can try to dig up some information for you. Am I correct to assume based on the questions that you are looking to replace Hortonworks with Cloudera or are you trying to spin up a Cloudera cluster for comparison purposes?

Cy Jervis, Community Moderator - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

Thank you for your inputs mbigelow :-)
New Contributor

Hi, Thank you for your response. We got a query for one of our customer. We can take this question as pure tech question on how to migrate data, code, scripts, properties from Hortonworks to cloudera and vice versa. Thanks
Announcements