New Contributor

Why new cdh 5.11 repo still contains only Zookeeper 3.4.5 as it was in cdh 5.4.4 repo ?

Hello,

I am testing upgrade (from Ubuntu Trusty with CDH5.4.4 to Ubuntu Xenial with CDH5.11) and detected that CDH5.11 contains the same old Zookeeper version 3.4.5 when on Apache side the latest stable release is 3.4.10 http://zookeeper.apache.org/releases.html since 

30 March, 2017 . Why cloudera doesn't update Zookeeper version to something newer than 18 November, 2012 and if this is already scheduled when it happen and which version of zookeeper will be used for cdh repo ?

Topics: 3
Kudos: 77
Solutions: 49

Re: Why new cdh 5.11 repo still contains only Zookeeper 3.4.5 as it was in cdh 5.4.4 repo ?

I can't speak for Cloudera but they have not pushed out major version changes for many projects in sometime. I have assumed that it is to keep things more stable as they focus on rolling out Hadoop 3. I expect a sizable jump at that time for many projects (Hive 2, etc.).

With that said, they continually backport many fixes and features, just not enough for them to consider it a major version change, I guess.
Announcements