New Contributor

Yum repo error ("package does not match intended download")

I'm gettting the following error when installing any packages from the CDH 5 repo for CentOS/RHEL 7.

Downloading packages:
bigtop-utils-0.7.0+cdh5.11.1+0 FAILED                                          
https://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/redhat/7/x86_64/cdh/5/RPMS/noarch/bigtop-utils-0.7.0%2Bcdh5.11.1%2B0-1.cdh5.11.1.p0.6.el7.noarch.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download. Suggestion: run yum --enablerepo=cloudera-cdh5 clean metadata
Trying other mirror.

Error downloading packages:
  bigtop-utils-0.7.0+cdh5.11.1+0-1.cdh5.11.1.p0.6.el7.noarch: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I've tried "yum clean all" and other proposed solutions with no success. Is this a problem with the repo itself?

New Contributor

Re: Yum repo error ("package does not match intended download")

This appears to be incorrect metadata for the repo. If I do a reposync and use createrepo to generate the metadata locally after syncing the packages, I can install from that local repo.

Can someone at Cloudera regenerate the repo metadata? Could there be any network caching somewhere that needs to be manually updated?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Yum repo error ("package does not match intended download")

I'm having the same issue.  If you look through the community posts, it has clearly been an ongoing/intermittent problem for a while now.  Please fix your repos!

Announcements