New Contributor

Yum repo error ("package does not match intended download")

I'm gettting the following error when installing any packages from the CDH 5 repo for CentOS/RHEL 7.

Downloading packages:
bigtop-utils-0.7.0+cdh5.11.1+0 FAILED                                          
https://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/redhat/7/x86_64/cdh/5/RPMS/noarch/bigtop-utils-0.7.0%2Bcdh5.11.1%2B0-1.cdh5.11.1.p0.6.el7.noarch.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download. Suggestion: run yum --enablerepo=cloudera-cdh5 clean metadata
Trying other mirror.

Error downloading packages:
  bigtop-utils-0.7.0+cdh5.11.1+0-1.cdh5.11.1.p0.6.el7.noarch: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I've tried "yum clean all" and other proposed solutions with no success. Is this a problem with the repo itself?

New Contributor

Re: Yum repo error ("package does not match intended download")

This appears to be incorrect metadata for the repo. If I do a reposync and use createrepo to generate the metadata locally after syncing the packages, I can install from that local repo.

Can someone at Cloudera regenerate the repo metadata? Could there be any network caching somewhere that needs to be manually updated?

New Contributor

Re: Yum repo error ("package does not match intended download")

I'm having the same issue.  If you look through the community posts, it has clearly been an ongoing/intermittent problem for a while now.  Please fix your repos!

Announcements