New Contributor

installation of Cloudera QuickStart CDH 5.5 on Mac OS X EI Capitan.

I havenot found any good post that could provide me step by step installation of latest Quickstart CDH 5.5 om Mac.

So far, I have installed latest JAVA and downloaded Quicstart Downloads CDh 5.5 Virtualbox. After unzipping, folder contents .vmdk and .ovf files. thats it. I dont know how to proceed further. 

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 29

Re: installation of Cloudera QuickStart CDH 5.5 on Mac OS X EI Capitan.

This Community Knowledge article should be of use to get you started. 

How to setup Cloudera Quickstart Virtual Machine

We also welcome your feedback on anything else you feel should be added to the article. Best of luck.

Cy Jervis, Community Moderator - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

Thanks. But I need more simpler way to understand what are the pre-requisite for Cloudera installation on Mac considering my mac is a fresh copy and does not have anything. Not even Java. 

cjervis wrote:

This Community Knowledge article should be of use to get you started. 

How to setup Cloudera Quickstart Virtual Machine

We also welcome your feedback on anything else you feel should be added to the article. Best of luck.

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 29

If you mean prerequisites for things like system specs, you can find that on the download page.  In the interest of speeding things along here are some screen shots from the page so you don't have to click through unless you want to click through on any of the links. 

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 7.49.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 7.49.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 7.49.46 AM.png

I cannot think of any any additional software you would need to download aside from the hypervisor application. Unless the selected hypervisor has additional needs. You should be able to find those requirements via the links provided on the Knowledge article I supplied in the first post. 

I hope this helps.

Cy Jervis, Community Moderator - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Highlighted
New Contributor

A tutorial for Eastern Michigan University's Big Data Course.
Announcements