New Contributor

issue with spark-shell package dependency from cloudera vm

My host system win 10 and I am using cloudera quick vm for spark learning and my spark version is 1.6 which comes default with cloudera>Now when I try to start the spark shell with the below dependency , I am getting the below exception .Please advise .

spark-shell --packages org.apache.spark:spark-streaming-twitter_2.10:1.6.0

ERRORS
        Server access error at url https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/spark/spark-streaming-twitter_2.10/1.6.0/spark-streaming-t... (javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: protocol_version)
        Server access error at url https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/spark/spark-streaming-twitter_2.10/1.6.0/spark-streaming-t... (javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: protocol_version)

:: USE VERBOSE OR DEBUG MESSAGE LEVEL FOR MORE DETAILS
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: [unresolved dependency: org.apache.spark#spark-streaming-twitter_2.10;1.6.0: not found]
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmitUtils$.resolveMavenCoordinates(SparkSubmit.scala:1067)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.prepareSubmitEnvironment(SparkSubmit.scala:287)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.submit(SparkSubmit.scala:154)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.main(SparkSubmit.scala:121)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.main(SparkSubmit.scala)

Expert Contributor

Re: issue with spark-shell package dependency from cloudera vm

Most probably, your system does not accept the certificates of repo1.maven..... You should check it and if needed to import certificates of the respective CA.
New Contributor

Can you help me with the steps to do that ..
Expert Contributor

New Contributor

It is not about a particular jar or website .I am not able to add any dependency jar with Spark-shell command
Announcements