Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Failure to bootstrap cluster due to parcel error from CLI

Explorer

Attempting to bootstrap a Java8 cluster from the CLI.  Everything seems to go well, and then this happens:

* Waiting for Cloudera Manager installation to complete .................. done
* Installing Cloudera Manager agents on all instances in parallel (20 at a time) .................................... done
* Creating CDH5 cluster using the new instances ... done
* Creating cluster: cdh-java8-test ........................................................... done
* java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: CDH=5.9.1-1.cdh5.9.1.p0.4 not found in list of all parcels. ...

The problem appears to be that for some reason the parcel name its looking for has an equal sign instead of a dash in it.  I'm not sure how this is happening, here's the snippet of my conf file that tells it the version (based on aws-simple.conf from Github):

products {
CDH: 5 # includes Impala and Spark
}

I do not have any parcel repo definitions in the conf file.

EDIT - I'm running Director 2.2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer
My AMI appears to have had a bad parcel preload. Removed all parcels on the AMI and deployed without incident.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer
I've found reference to a similar problem with other versions, and the naming is normal. I'm going to verify that the CM instance has access to the Internet the next time I run a deploy.

Explorer
My AMI appears to have had a bad parcel preload. Removed all parcels on the AMI and deployed without incident.