Explorer

installing kudu using cloudera director

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am planning to install kudu via cloudera director on my cluster. I am wondering what parcels should I include. I saw examples in which pracels of kudu, impala kudu and record service were included in parcel repositiry in order to include kudu. I would appriciagte if you let me know what types of parcel should be added to the parcel repositry in config file of cloudera director. Additionally, should I define roles for kudu for master or worker nodes?

Regards

Armen

Cloudera Employee

Re: installing kudu using cloudera director

Hi Armen1365,

Did you try the procedure documented here?

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/director/latest/topics/director_using_kudu.html

Explorer

HI 

Thanks for that.

I just check this. I have one more question. For the kudu dta path, If I put default as follow, does cloudera director will make those directory by default or I need to do any of manual setup?

Spoiler
configs {
KUDU {
KUDU_MASTER {
# The master rarely performs IO. If fs_data_dirs is unset, it will
# use the same directory as fs_wal_dir
fs_wal_dir: "/data0/kudu/masterwal"
fs_data_dirs: "/data1/kudu/master"
}
}
}

configs {
KUDU {
KUDU_TSERVER {
# Set fs_wal_dir to an SSD drive (if exists) for better performance.
# Set fs_data_dirs to a comma-separated string containing all remaining
# disk drives, solid state or otherwise.
# If there are multiple drives in the machine, it's best to ensure that
# the WAL directory is not located on the same disk as a tserver data
# directory.
fs_wal_dir: "/data0/kudu/tabletwal"
fs_data_dirs: "/data1/kudu/tablet"
}
}
Cloudera Employee

From reading the Cloudera Manager docs, it looks like these directories will be automatically created.

Explorer

Does Cloudera Director actually have the ability to install Kudu, either via GUI or API?  I thought I installed everything but not Kudu.

The link specified is for Manager

Cloudera Employee

Cloudera Director can install Kudu using conf files and the CLI bootstrap-remote command. 

In addition to the linked documentation above, also see the aws.reference.conf. The cluster defined in the reference conf file includes Kudu.

If you want to install Kudu on a Director-managed cluster that already exists, you need to follow the Cloudera Manager's documentation to do so. Director will "refresh" it's models of the cluster to include any added services or configurations. See Director's documentation on  cluster management for a description of which tasks should be performed in Director vs. CM.

Announcements