by Anthony 04-09-2018 10:03 AM - edited 06-26-2018 08:31 AM
When attempting to create a Cloudera Altus cluster in AWS, it fails with INTERNAL_CM_CMD_FAIL
- CM Deployment is failing at the creation / deployment of CM services due to incorrect or unexpected DNS hostnames of the AWS EC2 instances created for Cloudera Altus.
- Cloudera Altus requires the options DNS hostnames and DNS resolution are enabled (set to yes) within the AWS VPC settings
- Set and confirm DNS hostnames and DNS resolution are set to yes in the AWS VPC used for Cloudera Altus.
Details for configuring AWS VPCs with DNS is available here:
- Once the AWS VPC DNS settings of the Cloudera Altus Environment are enabled, ensure to delete the previous cluster creation attempt's EC2 instances, both within a Cloudera Altus console, as well as through the AWS EC2 interface
- Retry creating a new Cloudera Altus cluster with the updated settings