Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Data Science Workbench installation instructions - clarification neded

Contributor

I'm reading through the installation instructions for CDSW at https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/data-science-workbench/latest/topics/cdsw_install.html and found the section to set up a Wildcard DNS domain.

In this section, it references a master IP address.  I need to understand if this master IP address is the IP of the Cloudera Manager master node, or if it is the IP of the CDSW master.  I'm assuming it's the CDSW master, but I don't want to set up a Wildcard DNS domain incorrectly.

Thanks,

David Webb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi David,

This should be the IP address of the master CDSW node.  We will work to clarify this in the documentation.

Thanks,

Tristan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Hi David,

This should be the IP address of the master CDSW node.  We will work to clarify this in the documentation.

Thanks,

Tristan

Champion
It is for the CDSW master IP.

Contributor

Hi 

My installation worked fine but I am not able to open the workbench using the URL. I am sure i have not done the wild carding correctly. 

I simply added the following in hosts file. 

Did i do this right? Or is there some other step? I am using a RHEL EC2 instance on AWS

cdsw.thedatafactory.com   IN A 172.31.37.124

*.cdsw.thedatafactory.com   IN A 172.31.37.124

Contributor

hi 

do you have a step by step detail for the Wildcarding of DNS? I am stuck at that point. I have an AWS EC2 instance on which I have installed the workbench. However i am unable to open the URL.