Explorer

Re: How to setup wildcard DNS subdomain

Hi 

Thank you so much for your information. 

So i am currently testing it. But I have hosted my cloudera single node environment on AWS EC2 instance. 

I also own a domain on godaddy www.datacloudera.com. I have changed the nameserver to the one in AWS DNS Zone. Should the hosted zone be public ? or private in a vpc?

ns-0.awsdns-00.com

ns-1024.awsdns-00.org

ns-512.awsdns-00.net

ns-1536.awsdns-00.co.uk

But i am not sure how to proceed next. What are the steps which i should take post this one ? 

Highlighted
Cloudera Employee

This depends on your corporate network configuration.  Private zones are only resolvable within your AWS VPC, so unless you have your corporate network connected to your VPC and DNS peering properly configured, it is often easier to configure DNS in your public zone.  You will want to set both cdsw.datacloudera.com and *.cdsw.datacloudera.com A name records to your master node.  Within AWS, it's often more flexible to point this records to an EIP so you can attach it to different nodes over time.

Tristan

Explorer

Thanks for the quick reply. This is my personal setup and I am a starter in this area. Will you be able to help me with  baby steps ? APologies for being too demanding :) 

what i have now done is created a DNS is route53 in public zone. And i have updated the name servers into my domain at godaddy. 

Now what should i do next in AWS? Create a record set in AWS? 

And what should i do on my EC2 instance where the Workbench has been installed? 

Explorer

Did it !! Yohuuuu !!! I can see the page and am logged in!!! Thank you so so much !! You saved my day !!

Announcements