New Contributor

Using CDSW on EDH

Hi 

I am evaluating Cloudera EDH for a project I am leading and I have installed this on AWS using the Quickstart template. I am really interested in the CDSW (I'd say is crucial to the project so I would like to try it out). I find the installation instructions very confusing. The pitch seems to be that it is an integrated service within EDH but I can't find any documentation on how to use it beyond the install that you would do on CDH.

Are there any concrete instructions on how to extend the quickstart example so I can try out CDSW?

Thanks

Cloudera Employee

Re: Using CDSW on EDH

The Workbench is separate from CDH, though integrates with it. It is a separate install and does take a few steps, though the installation page does document all that. It won't be something you can add to a quickstart VM; that's already a tiny cluster and the Workbench needs its own VM anyway. To test it you'd want to spin up a small actual cluster on AWS.

New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. I have deployed a small 12-node cluster in AWS (I probably wasn't clear I had used the AWS Cloudformation quick start). So if my thinking is correct I need to deploy another relatively large EC2 instance, add it as a Gateway host to the cluster? And then use route 53 to add the wildcard domain?

Highlighted
Cloudera Employee

That's right. I'm not any expert on setting this up on AWS but sounds like the right steps. I hope the docs cover this correctly, but if there are questions you can post them here. I think tools like Director can set up CDH and the workbench together in one template, but that too others would have to comment on.

Announcements