t5
Explorer

cloudera data science work bench dns issue

Hi Team,

Need some urgent help on the dns issue. Here is the steps i did and please do let me know how to resolve the issue.

cdsw master Machine Name: cdswmaster.lab.test.com

dns name configured: *.cdsw.lab.test.com

parameter given while installing the cdsw: cdsw.lab.test.com

When ran the cdsw status command it says 

Checking web at url: http://cdsw.lab.test.com
cdsw.lab.test.com cannot be resolved. Check DNS setup.
Cloudera Data Science Workbench is not ready yet.

The network was company managed network and hence I asked the network team to add two dns entries

as below... *.cdsw.lab.test.com and cdsw.lab.test.com. But the Netwrok team only added one entry saying they can't add two entry for the same ip. Not sure if there is any compulsion?

When they added cdsw.lab.test.com I am able to access the web ui but unable to open the workbench as wild card dns entry was not added. When they add *.cdsw.lab.test.com then I am unable to access the above web ui.

Please guide me on the below.

1. Is both the dns name adding to the netwrok was mandatory to work/create session in cloudera data science workbench? Do we need to add the same dns entry in our /etc/resolv.conf(i have already added) in my cdsw machine?

2. Is there a way I can test just by creating some dummy dns?(I have seen xip.io and tried but could not progress much on the same. If any one is having any docs/ref will be helpful).

Announcements