Explorer

How does Cloudera Director work in an private subnet environment and private DNS?

Hi,

This installation happens in a high-security requirement environment without public IP address and all the instances will use Enterprise network DNS rather than AWS DHCP options. We have got different issues and it seems we are not on a right way to solve them.

So I am so curious about the design and the prerequisite of Cloudera Director product.  

1. HTTP connection: Assuming we need an HTTP Proxy to be used for internet connection, regarding AMI side, how to create our AMI? Or we can configure through Cloudera Director by a parameter and this face can be spread to every instance of the cluster and make sure every instance knows how to connect to the internet?

Assuming we need an HTTP Proxy to be used for internet connection, regarding AMI side, how to create our AMI? Or we can configure through Cloudera Director by a parameter and this face can be spread to every instance of the cluster and make sure every instance knows how to connect to the internet?

2. DNS:

Assuming we need use private DNS rather than AWS default DNS in the VPN DHCP setting, is it allowed or not? How does the director handle the hostname resolution? Keep it in the Director Database or use a DNS server for cluster internal hostname resolution?

3. AMI:

What is the prerequisite for an AMI for every instance of the cluster? Does Director do a pre-check before installation of Manager dependency packages? SELiunx close? Disable firewall ?  How can I be confident when I get a private AMI after check all the stuff. 

When the Director instance tries to install dependency packages for the Cloudera manager, it failed. 

There is not repo file in /etc/yum.repo.d/ for 'screen' package installation. The process failed when it checked there is no 'screen' package exist on this instance. 

com.cloudera.launchpad.common.ssh.SshException: Script execution failed with code 1. Script: sudo yum -C list installed 'screen' 2>&1 > /dev/null && echo "Package screen is already installed and upgrades are not forced.  Skipping." || sudo yum install -d 1 --assumeyes 'screen'

Any ideas around this issue?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: How does Cloudera Director work in an private subnet environment and private DNS?

Me also facing same issue using BYON plugins.

Any solutions so for?

All the best,

Yoga

Announcements