Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Looking for details on rootVolumeSizeGB

Contributor

I have been completing a set of prototypes using Director to build a cluster on AWS (so this is all dev work).

I have defined a private AMI based on the Cloudera ami-8767d1ec (from Cloudera Github) that I am using for the cluster nodes  (basically I installed java 1.8 and loaded some additional software)

Can I use the rootVolumeSizeGB to expand the disk size defined in the AMI or is the ami definitinon the max limit (i.e. do I need to tweak the AMI to add additional diskspace)?

Also,  how can I manage the size dfs uses for its data directories. Does Director/CM have keywords/commands that help define that on build that I cna include in my Director AWS script?

I am using the batch script mechanism to create my cluster.

Thanks

-  rd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

You can use rootVolumeSizeGB to expand a custom AMI. 

The size of DFS can be managed indirectly by your choice of instance types. We have no other ways to control the number of ephemeral drives and we don't support EBS for data disks (only as the root partition). 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

You can use rootVolumeSizeGB to expand a custom AMI. 

The size of DFS can be managed indirectly by your choice of instance types. We have no other ways to control the number of ephemeral drives and we don't support EBS for data disks (only as the root partition). 

Contributor
Thank you. I took your advice and tweaked the ami.