Highlighted
Cloudera Employee

[ANNOUNCE] Third installment of Cloudera Labs packaging of Apache Phoenix - Phoenix 4.7.0 on CDH5.7

[ Edited ]

Cloudera is pleased to announce the third Cloudera Labs packaging of the Apache Phoenix project. This packaging is based on Phoenix's upstream 4.7.0 release and is expected to work with CDH5.7.

Interested users should follow the directions for installing Phoenix from the original announcement for a Cloudera Labs packaging. For step 1c, when adding a Remote Parcel Repository URL you should use the one for Cloudera Labs packaging 1.3:

http://archive.cloudera.com/cloudera-labs/phoenix/parcels/1.3/

The remainder of the steps should be the same.

Please note that Cloudera Labs is used to measure interest in projects. While they are packaged and tested to work with CDH, they are not officially supported. Additionally, note that like prior Cloudera Labs packaging, there is no guarantee of upgrade compatibility from previous Cloudera Labs packaged Phoenix versions.

Special thanks to Andrew Purtell's "Phoenix for Cloudera" project for compatibility work leveraged in this packaging.

Explorer

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Third installment of Cloudera Labs packaging of Apache Phoenix - Phoenix 4.7.0 on CDH

Tried to install the following package on CDH 5.7.0 Express. 

But it keeps on Saying : 

CDH (5.7 and higher) parcel required for CLABS_PHOENIX (4.7.0-1.clabs_phoenix1.3.0.p0.000) is not available.

Any clues on what am I doing wrong here.

Thanks

Cloudera Employee

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Third installment of Cloudera Labs packaging of Apache Phoenix - Phoenix 4.7.0 on CDH

The Cloudera Labs packaging for Apache Phoenix requires a parcel based
installation of CDH. Please make sure you have a parcel installation and
not a system packages based install.
Explorer

I am using the Cloudera's VM for the same. Should I try this on a tarball installation?

Cloudera Employee

mkanchwala wrote:

I am using the Cloudera's VM for the same. Should I try this on a tarball installation?

A tarball installation will also not work. The Cloudera Labs packaging of Apache Phoenix only works as a parcel installed on top of a CDH parcel-based deployment.

Explorer

Is this Supported on New CDH 5.8.x Parcel Installation too? I am trying to get phoenix on the Latest one possible

Cloudera Employee

Projects packaged in Cloudera Labs are not supported. The Cloudera Labs packaging of Apache Phoenix remains unsupported, but is expected to work on CDH5.7.0+, which means is ought to work on the just released CDH5.8.0.

New Contributor

I am using the parcel located below and still getting an error message similar to the one above:

http://archive.cloudera.com/cloudera-labs/phoenix/parcels/1.3/

CDH (5.7 and higher) parcel required for CLABS_PHOENIX (4.7.0-1.clabs_phoenix1.3.0.p0.000) is not available.

New Contributor

i think i found th eproblem , this issue occurs when you have a later version of parcel and earlier version of CDH install.

Explorer

[ Edited ]

@amudgal Is your Installation pure Parcel based for 5.7.x?

Announcements

Currently incubating in Cloudera Labs:

Envelope
HTrace
Ibis
Impyla
Livy
Oryx
Phoenix
Spark Runner for Beam SDK
Time Series for Spark
YCSB