Contributor

Find Edge Node details

How to find Edge Node details from Cloudera Configuration file. From the topology file i can get all the nodes information associate to CDH clusetr but i don`t see any information about EDGE node details there.

I would like to know in CDH environment is there any configuration file exists which tells server name and IP foredge node and its location in CDH.

-Somu

Highlighted
Cloudera Employee

Re: Find Edge Node details

Hi Somu, 

Edge node are also known as Gateway node within CDH, in the var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process directory you should see the most recent role group associated with the Gateway node that has that information. 

If you are using Cloudera Manager you can find that information by traversing to:

Cloudera Manager > Cluster > HDFS > Instances > (pick for example, the NameNode from the list)> Processes 

You will see under "Configuration Files/Environment" a greater than (>) that you can click to expand and show all the current configs passed to the server, the same info in the path I describe above. 

Is that what you were referring to? If not please let ,let me know. 

Thanks, 

Jordan 

Contributor

Jordan,

Thank you for the reply. My requirement is list out all the server assosiated to one hadoop cluster including edge or gateway node. I need a simple solution else i need to create a file and hardcode the server name with details.

In cloudera manager app edge node info is there but an automate program can`t read it unless we create user and this user will read it using API calls. I want to avoid this process.

Our CMDB app has access to read unix server files. So i am looking for the one configuration file whcih list out all the node infos assosiated with a cluster including edge node.

which dir i should search in /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process?  These directories are autometically created again with different number if we restart CM roles. I can read latest directory but would like to know which folder i should look for. I don`t see any gateway directory in /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process

Any help will be appriciated.

-Somu

-Somu

Cloudera Employee

Somu, 

Sorry for the delay in the directory /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process you will need to look for the service associated with the gateway for example XXX-hdfs-NFSGATEWAY.

However that will definitely change at runtime and the directory will contain multiple files, so that probably will not be the best place to look and you will not really be able to pull any information that signifies that this is an egde-node/gateway node other than the name gateway in the directory. 

After conferring with my colleagues a little further, they agree that either the API or looking for the Roles table within your CM database would be the best route to go for this information as that is the primary location for role information.

I hope that provides some help.

Jordan  

Announcements

Currently incubating in Cloudera Labs:

Envelope
HTrace
Ibis
Impyla
Livy
Oryx
Phoenix
Spark Runner for Beam SDK