New Contributor
Accepted Solution

which are the books we need to refer for big data for a person 10 yr of mainframe exprience

I have 10 yr of mainframe experience especially in consumer and commercial finance domain and want to learn for big data. Please advise which are the books to be refereed to learn.

Cloudera Employee

Re: which are the books we need to refer for big data for a person 10 yr of mainframe exprience

Since you're posting here, I suppose I can refer you to http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/category/books/

However there are many more books out there too, and more technologies, and it depends a lot on what specifically you need to know about. It's almost as broad as "learning computers." I might work backwards from what particular role or industry you are looking to work in.

Explorer

Re: which are the books we need to refer for big data for a person 10 yr of mainframe exprience

Hi,

Happy Learning.

since the technology is new there is no prescribed book and ofcourse its a open source technology. which keep updating for each versions.

You can first read some basic introduction of what is Big Data, Hadoop, Hadoop Architecture, HDFS commands, HIVE. Since you have mainframe backround knowlege you can easliy understand the concept.

You can use cloudera for Hadoop and start exploring. You can do some certifications too.  Hands on training can be done online. 

also many online free webminars you can join. 

you can enroll yourself in hadoop user group in every place. there are many centers which teaches you big data. Online classes also available.

Announcements

Currently incubating in Cloudera Labs:

Envelope
HTrace
Ibis
Impyla
Livy
Oryx
Phoenix
Spark Runner for Beam SDK
Time Series for Spark
YCSB