Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key must be specified as the username or password (respectively)

Explorer

My input path in another instance of EC2 as I specified input path as 

s3n://xxx-ssss/

It is showing error as:

AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key must be specified as the username or password (respectively) of a s3n URL, or by setting the fs.s3n.awsAccessKeyId or fs.s3n.awsSecretAccessKey properties (respectively).

Where could I configure the properties for fs.s3n.awsAccessKeyId and fs.s3n.awsSecretAccessKey in cloudera manager in web UI (HUE).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mentor

For adding these properties cluster-wide into Cloudera Manager, head to CM -> HDFS -> Configuration (View and Edit) -> Search for keyword "core-site.xml safety valve" -> Edit the appropriate field by adding a list of your desired <property>…</property> configuration XML -> Save Changes. After saving, restart the cluster to propagate to all services, and also click CM -> (Cluster) Actions -> Deploy Client Configuration.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Configure fs.s3n.awsAccessKeyId and fs.s3n.awsSecretAccessKey in core-site.xml.

Mentor

For adding these properties cluster-wide into Cloudera Manager, head to CM -> HDFS -> Configuration (View and Edit) -> Search for keyword "core-site.xml safety valve" -> Edit the appropriate field by adding a list of your desired <property>…</property> configuration XML -> Save Changes. After saving, restart the cluster to propagate to all services, and also click CM -> (Cluster) Actions -> Deploy Client Configuration.

Explorer

Hi Harsh,

I would think that the right order would be to "Deploy Client Configuration" first and then restart HDFS. Am I wrong?

Guru

@herdrick: no it's actually just fine to do it in the order Harsh mentioned.  CM will automatically deploy the configurations you specify on the Configuration tab of a service to that service's roles when you restart the service.  For example, if you modify a datanode specific property in CM, save the change and restart the service, then all the datanodes will get new copies of their hdfs-site.xml files upon startup.  The only reason to deploy the client configs that Harsh mentioned is for external client apps that want to utilize the cluster.  If you made changes that will affect the behavior of clients, then the client configs need to be re-deployed.  This can happen after the services are restarted, but before you attempt to reconnect to the cluster with your client app.  I hope that clears it up.

Clint