Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Autodeployment with CM Manager 5.3.1 issue

Contributor

I am trying to deploy automatically the version 4.7.1 of Cloudera CDH using the Python API of the Cloudera Manager 5.3.1. I am following the example here:

https://github.com/cloudera/cm_api/blob/master/python/examples/auto-deploy/deploycloudera.py

Once that I init the cluster, create all the services that I need (Zookeeper, HDFS, MapReduce, and HBase) and start the cluster, all is ok except from a detail: All the services appear on Concerning Status because of the following issue:

Mismatched CDH versions: host has NONE but role expects 4

I've tried to update the CDH version of the cluster manually with:

cluster.update_cdh_version("4.7.1")

but that didn't update the CDH version of the hosts. Does anyone know to fix this problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Thanks Guatam and Darren for your suggestions. I made things work.

I am guessing that my troubles appeared because I was debugging step by step, creating and destroying cluster and services many times. Once that I started the entire process from beginning to end (after debugging each step), all seems to work and I can see CDH 4 version for each host.

Cheers

Javier

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Can you visit the CM home page -> Hosts -> Host Inspector? What does
the report tell you regarding installed versions?

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Did you install the CDH binaries on the hosts?

This can be done via parcels (as described in the python tutorial: http://cloudera.github.io/cm_api/docs/python-client/#managing-parcels) or manually by sshing into the hosts and installing packages.

Thanks,
Darren

Contributor

Thanks Darren,

I am downloading, distributing, and activating the parcel for CDH 4.7.1 using the API commands:

myparcel.start_download()

myparcel.start_distribution()

myparcel.activate()

and I follow the progress in the Cloudera Manager 5.3.1, in the parcels section. I can't see any errors.

As in the example that I mention in my post, I check the state of parcels using:

if myparcel.state is not None and myparcel.state.errors:

raise IOError(str(myparcel.state.errors))

No exception is thrown.

Contributor

Thanks Guatam and Darren for your suggestions. I made things work.

I am guessing that my troubles appeared because I was debugging step by step, creating and destroying cluster and services many times. Once that I started the entire process from beginning to end (after debugging each step), all seems to work and I can see CDH 4 version for each host.

Cheers

Javier

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it's all well now

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Contributor

Thanks Guatam

I am installing my hosts using the command:

cluster.host_install(user, hostnames, private_key)

And it works fine. The output that I get from the stdout is below. I can't see anything regarding packages though:

{
  "agentUserId" : 0,
  "allHostDnsErrors" : [ ],
  "allHostDnsSuccesses" : [ 1, 2 ],
  "allHostsDnsAvgDurationMillis" : 0,
  "allHostsDnsCount" : 4,
  "allHostsDnsMaxDurationMillis" : 1,
  "etcHostsError" : null,
  "etcHostsMessages" : [ ],
  "etcKrbConfMessages" : [ ],
  "extantInitdErrors" : [ ],
  "groupData" : "hdfs:x:492:\nmapred:x:489:\nzookeeper:x:491:\noozie:x:485:\nhbase:x:484:\nhue:x:483:\ncloudera-scm:x:496:\nhadoop:x:495:hdfs,mapred,yarn\nhive:x:487:\nsqoop:x:494:sqoop2\nsqoop2:x:486:\nyarn:x:488:\nhttpfs:x:490:\n",
  "hostDnsErrors" : [ ],
  "hostname" : "myhostname.com",
  "jceStrength" : 0,
  "kernelVersion" : "2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64",
  "kernelVersionException" : null,
  "localHostIpError" : null,
  "localhostIp" : "127.0.0.1",
  "nowMillis" : 1423244510387,
  "pythonVersionException" : null,
  "pythonVersionOk" : true,
  "rhelRelease" : "CentOS release 6.5 (Final)",
  "runExceptions" : [ ],
  "swappiness" : "0",
  "swappinessException" : null,
  "timeZone" : "UTC+00:00",
  "transparentHugePagesDefrag" : null,
  "transparentHugePagesEnabled" : null,
  "transparentHugePagesException" : null,
  "userData" : "hdfs:x:495:492:Hadoop HDFS:/var/lib/hadoop-hdfs:/bin/bash\nmapred:x:492:489:Hadoop MapReduce:/var/lib/hadoop-mapreduce:/bin/bash\nzookeeper:x:494:491:ZooKeeper:/var/run/zookeeper:/bin/false\noozie:x:487:485:Oozie User:/var/lib/oozie:/bin/false\nhbase:x:486:484:HBase:/var/run/hbase:/bin/false\nhue:x:485:483:Hue:/usr/share/hue:/bin/false\ncloudera-scm:x:497:496:Cloudera Manager:/var/lib/cloudera-scm-server:/sbin/nologin\nsqoop:x:491:494:Sqoop:/var/lib/sqoop:/bin/false\nsqoop2:x:488:486:Sqoop 2 User:/var/run/sqoop2:/sbin/nologin\nyarn:x:490:488:Hadoop Yarn:/var/lib/hadoop-yarn:/bin/bash\nhttpfs:x:493:490:Hadoop HTTPFS:/var/run/hadoop-httpfs:/bin/bash\n"
}