Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

BDR in secured cluster - Cant get kerberos realm

Explorer

I've cloudera manager managed 5.13 clusters. (Prod and DR). I had tested the Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) and it was working fine. Now I've kerberized both servers and installed the sentry service. I've a superuser configured which is in the supergroup with all the permissions (same user on both clusters). I can kinit and list as well.

Both my clusters are on the same realm, with KDC installed on two servers in master slave configuration. 

I've created a new BDR schedule to replicate hive tables from prod to DR. When I dry run it, it fails on "Transfer Metadata Files" with the following error:

Hdfs Copy File Command Failed because of java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't get Kerberos realm. 

What can be the cause of this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I needed to restart the cloudera scm server by running the following command on the cluster where cloudera manager is installed:

systemctl restart cloudera-scm-server

systemctl restart cloudera-scm-agent

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Explorer

I needed to restart the cloudera scm server by running the following command on the cluster where cloudera manager is installed:

systemctl restart cloudera-scm-server

systemctl restart cloudera-scm-agent