Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can i upgrade my Java version to Java SE 8u171/ 8u172 on Cloudera Enterprise 5.11.1

Explorer

Hi All,

I want to upgrade my Java version to Java SE 8u171/ 8u172 on Cloudera Enterprise 5.11.1 in the Production environment. Does Cloudera support this. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Champion

based on the Cloudera KM below is the latest / recommended version that was tested 

1.8u144

View solution in original post

Super Collaborator

According to Cloudera "https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/release-notes/topics/rn_consolidated_pcm.html#conc..."

JDK 8
All JDK 8 updates, from the minimum required version, are supported in Cloudera 
Manager/CDH 5.3 and higher unless specifically excluded. Updates above the
minimum that are not listed are supported but not tested.

So, as about your question, 8u171 is supported but not tested. Not tested means that you may be the first which will face some issues. In such case, were issue is due to a bug in JDK version, Cloudera will add this version as "excluded".

If you want to be safe, then use the latest tested, mentioned by @csguna

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Champion

based on the Cloudera KM below is the latest / recommended version that was tested 

1.8u144

Super Collaborator

According to Cloudera "https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/release-notes/topics/rn_consolidated_pcm.html#conc..."

JDK 8
All JDK 8 updates, from the minimum required version, are supported in Cloudera 
Manager/CDH 5.3 and higher unless specifically excluded. Updates above the
minimum that are not listed are supported but not tested.

So, as about your question, 8u171 is supported but not tested. Not tested means that you may be the first which will face some issues. In such case, were issue is due to a bug in JDK version, Cloudera will add this version as "excluded".

If you want to be safe, then use the latest tested, mentioned by @csguna

New Contributor

yes you can update

New Contributor

yes you can update ! cloudera supports it