New Contributor

Cannot connect to Cloudera Manager using port 7180

Hi guys,
Noob to Cloudera Hadoop administration and deployment.
I've been following this guide to setup a new Hadoop cluster: Link: http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/cloudera-manager/v5-latest/Cloudera-Manage... .

For the past 7 hours or so I am stuck on step (6) which says "When the installer finishes, navigate to http://public hostname:7180 and log into the Cloudera Manager Admin console.".

I did all the required tasks and unfortunately I can't get my browsers to open the link to the Cloudera Manager v 5.1 to continue the installation. I'm using an EC2 Ubuntu server 12.04 AMI which is Cloudera compatible (installation didn't complain) and I have Windows 7 at home. I tried to port forward/tunnel but that didn't work either. I disabled the Ubuntu firewall and the iptables on the server instance but l still can't connect. I also attempted to connect to the instance using my phone (to make sure it's not a windows firewall/router issue) and still that didn't work?!

I am not sure what I'm missing? Please help as it's for an important work project and I need to get this done asap!! I opened all required ports in the Security group (port 22, 7180 etc) and I even opened all ports for everything and still that didn't work?! Could this be because I am using a free tier 1 account on Amazon AWS? I also tried using the Elastic IP and that also was unsuccessful. 

Thank you guys and any help is much appreciated.

Topics: 1
Kudos: 208
Solutions: 111

Re: Cannot connect to Cloudera Manager using port 7180

@jughead2727,

(1)

On your Cloudera Manager host, make sure Cloudera Manager is running and listening on 7180:

# netstat -nap |grep 7180

(2)

When you try to connect to it, what happens?  What do you observe?

Is your client able to find a route to the CM host/port?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Cannot connect to Cloudera Manager using port 7180

I think it is because of free tier1, the resources might not be enough for the cloudera manager web ui to be up and running, cloudera recommends 8GB RAM, try using other instances.

Announcements