Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Clarification in Cloudera manager .

Rising Star

Hello ,

I am trying to install Cloudera Search . My big doubt is I have installed Cloudera manager in my system and added Hive , Hue , Mapreduce, Solr , Zookeeper , OOzie and HDFS . Now while reading the cloudera documentation on installing the Cloudera search , i come across installation of the Solr , Zookeper again using yum install .

Should i install to them again  ?????????????????????????????

Thanks

Bala

Thanks
Bala
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bala,

Cloudera Manager has supported installing Search since Search was in beta. Note that Cloudera Search and Solr usually refer to the same thing in a Cloudera environment.

If you are using CDH 5, then Solr is included in CDH5, so no additional binaries need to be installed.

If you are using CDH 4, then Solr is packaged separately, and you may need to install it separately, depending on your installation method. All recent Cloudera Manager releases include Solr by default, so it's unlikely you will need to do a separate installation.

If using parcels, you can see if it is installed by looking at your parcels page. If using packages, you can check with the command-line command "yum search solr".

Thanks,
Darren

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star
Is it possible to install Cloudera search using Cloudera manager
???
Thanks
Bala

Hi Bala,

Cloudera Manager has supported installing Search since Search was in beta. Note that Cloudera Search and Solr usually refer to the same thing in a Cloudera environment.

If you are using CDH 5, then Solr is included in CDH5, so no additional binaries need to be installed.

If you are using CDH 4, then Solr is packaged separately, and you may need to install it separately, depending on your installation method. All recent Cloudera Manager releases include Solr by default, so it's unlikely you will need to do a separate installation.

If using parcels, you can see if it is installed by looking at your parcels page. If using packages, you can check with the command-line command "yum search solr".

Thanks,
Darren